I love bananas. The problem is that I only like when they have brown spots. Green bananas are THE. WORST. I just don't understand how people can eat green bananas. Since I like mine a little brown, there's a fine line between just right and far too mushy. Therefore, I often have one or two in my bunch that I didn't eat quick enough and have become completely brown (which have then turned to the dark side, and are no longer appetizing). Instead of throwing them away and wasting them, I often turn them into banana pancakes, break them up in pieces and freeze them for smoothies or banana "frozen yogurt," or make banana muffins! And I mean.. chocolate just makes them over the top delicious.
You want to make sure that your bananas are super ripe and brown as they are the sweetest at this point and you need very little extra sweetener (if any) for your bananas.
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup tapioca flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
2-3 bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
3 eggs, beaten
¼ cup cashew milk (or any other non-dairy milk option)
¼ cup honey or coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup non-dairy chocolate chips (such as enjoy life
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and powder and salt.
3. In separate large bowl, mash eggs and added beaten eggs. Then add in the milk, honey or coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Mix dry ingredients into wet and mix until well combined and there are no clumps.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips
6. Drop batter into lined cupcake pans, about 3/4 full)
7. Bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven to cool.