Prepping food on the weekend for the upcoming week definitely makes life easier. This is a great recipe to help get you through your mornings with a healthy, hearty meal that can be ready in 5 minutes or less if prepped on the weekend! It's super easy to sauté a bunch of veggies that will last throughout the week. You could then either quickly cook up some eggs to top them with and heat the veggies quickly in the pan, or do what I often do - even make the eggs ahead of time! I will make a few days' worth of over-easy eggs and divide the servings up in reusable containers with some veggies. This way, I can either heat them up at work, or quickly heat them back up in a pan before heading off to work (if I actually have time in the morning... which usually isn't the case).
If you don't like over-easy eggs, you could definitely make this into a scramble or cook the eggs through for fried eggs.
If you still have extra veggies, it's easy to grill up some chicken breasts (or any other protein) to eat with your leftovers as a super quick, healthy dinner option.
Of course, since avocado is absolutely amazing, I often times slice some fresh avocado to go on top of my veggies. If you eat dairy, this would be great with some crumbly cheese on top, such as feta or blue cheese. I also love hot sauce, so I often top with some sriracha :).
If there's a veggie I used that you don't like, simply replace it with something you do. So I don't get bored of eating eggs and veggies, I often switch up the veggies so it tastes like I'm eating something different each week.
Ingredients (makes about 4 servings):
1 dozen eggs
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 lb mushrooms, chopped
1-2 bunches kale, leaves torn off and ripped into bite-sized pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp everyday seasoning (I buy the Trader Joe's brand) - it includes sea salt, mustard seeds, black pepper, coriander, onion, garlic, paprika & chili pepper), separated
1/2 tsp red chili flakes (can omit if you prefer, or add more for spicier)
1 tsp cumin
2 T coconut oil, separated
Optional: 1/4 avocado per serving, sliced
1. In large frying pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
2. In second, medium sized pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil
2. Add garlic cloves, 2 tsp everyday seasoning, cumin & red chili flakes to melted oil in large pan and cook for 30 seconds
3. Add mushrooms, kale and tomatoes to large pan, and coat evenly.
4. While veggies are cooking, cook 6 eggs at a time in the medium frying pan. I often sprinkle the remaining 1 tsp everyday seasoning on the eggs along with a dash of garlic powder.
5. Once whites are cooked through and no longer runny, place 3 eggs in two separate reusable containers
6. Top eggs with 1/4 of veggie mixture
7. Repeat cooking of eggs and you'll end up with four servings of breakfast for the week!
Optional: top with sliced avocado. I don't like warm avocado, so I often heat up the eggs and then top with fresh sliced avocado.