This dish is one of my favorite go-to week night dishes when I need something hearty but have little time to cook. It comes together super quick but doesn't feel like you're eating an easy, boring recipe. I used canned tomato sauce that has a bit of sugar, so if you're trying to avoid sugar, you can use a homemade recipe if you have some in your freezer or have the time.
Zoodles are just the best, and provide a great crunch in this dish. I added in mushrooms and spinach, but get creative and add your favorite veggies! I love how much green is in this dish, but it doesn't taste like you're eating so many greens.
2 large zucchinis, spiralized
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
3 cups spinach, packed
1 lb mushrooms
1 lb grass fed ground beef
1 cup tomato sauce of choice
1. Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a large saute pan
2. Add onion and cook for 1 minute
3. Add mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until soft
4. Add in spinach and cook until wilted
5. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink
6. Add tomato sauce and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through
7. Add zoodles and toss. I like to just incorporate the zoodles as I like the crunch they provide. If you cook for too long, they won't have the texture of noodles.
*This would be great topped with some fresh chopped basil!